There is no substitute for a good night of rest. Waking up feeling ready for your life will change it. Have you tried a few thing to get some more sleep? Did they work? If they did, please add to our list of tips for a good night’s sleep. If they didn’t, that is probably what led you to this online article. We are going to go over 5 Tips For a Good Night Sleep – Induced Naturally.
5 Tips For a Deeper Sleep Naturally
- Increase your Daytime Activity Level – What you do in the day directly affects how you sleep at night. While not everyone can simply start walking around the block each day, even little movements and stretches can help your body get the exercise it needs to induce a deep, full body sleep. Think about it, if you are sitting all day on the couch or at an office are you FULLY awake? Yes, your eyes are open and your mind is flipped ‘on’ but your body is on standby. If you never fully wake up your body, can it fully sleep? Research has proven exercise helps induce sleep naturally and many have experienced its power.
- Add Comfort to Your Bedroom – If you feel safe and secure, you’re going to be able to relax more. Keep your bedroom as dark as possible at night, even the National Sleep Foundation even urges you to because light is sensed through the eyelids and sends signals to the brain, even as we sleep, that disturbs our awake and sleep cycles. In addition to lights out, a comfortable mattress and supportive pillows are a key component to a refreshing night sleep. Waking up with a sore neck or stiff back is never a good start to the day. Our Quality Wool Mattress Toppers can add comfort, support and relieve pressure points and long, uncomfortable nights awake.
- Reduce Screen Time – As we mentioned earlier, light disrupts sleep and it can be in the form of the sun or it can come from our phones, iPads, TVs and all the other gadgets we use that brighten up the room. Checking a status right before you fall asleep or crashing in front of the TV has a big effect on the quality of your sleep. Technology is evolving fast and we still don’t know all the long term effects of our innovative technological designs. Reduce the chances of consequences down the line for yourself and just turn it off, you may see the difference for yourself quickly.
- Be Aware of Your Diet – You are what you eat. Are you eating breakfast through the drive thru, filling up on soda and candy to keep your energy levels up? These are all things that will damage your sleep. All of these artificial ingredients put your body out of wack, that includes your sleep cycles. The right foods, however, bring your body and it’s natural cycles back in alignment.
- Create a Routine – So you have read our top 4 tips to induce sleep naturally and your thinking ‘now what’? This list could easily be one that just stripped away all the activities you do each night. Instead, switch it up. Find a paper book to read before bed, instead of a screen, draw a bath, star gaze, make jewelry…do some, all or none of that. Finding a routine that works for you can help you slip off to dreamland more quickly – giving you more time to rejuvenate for tomorrow.
Sleep Better Naturally
Sleep is of vital importance but not everyone obtains the proper amount of sleep in the same way. If you have found a natural sleep solution that has worked for you add to our list by commenting below!