The Wool Knop Adjustable Pillow is sized at 25″ x 18″ and contains 2 pounds of loose wool clusters. Raw wool knop is available separately for purchase in 1/2 pound bags.
Sleep healthier with a wool pillow. Sleep sounder with a pillow customized to your needs.
Wool Reduces Common Bedroom Allergens
All of our wool filled pillows are ideal for a healthy bedroom.
Wool reduces common bedroom allergens because it is naturally mold and mildew resistant.
Wool quickly absorbs and releases moisture and thus, does not allow the damp conditions that mold thrive on. Other natural fibers, such as down and cotton, do not readily release moisture. Wool is also naturally fire resistant which means that all of our bedding is able to pass flame tests without the use of any added chemicals.
Caring for your Wool Pillow
To wash cotton cover:
- Remove the wool from cotton cover.
- Wash cover in cold water and dry on low to avoid shrinkage.
- While cover is washing, place the wool outside in direct sunlight.
To wash wool pillow:
- Fill basin with tepid water (room temperature water, not hot and not cold)
- Add a natural wool wash like Eucalan to basin.
- Insert pillow to be washed and soak for 15 minutes (minimum).
- Gently massage the pillow to incorporate water and soap through fibers. Avoid ringing as agitation can felt the wool clusters together.
- No need to rinse.
- Pull the pillow out of water and gently squeeze out excess water. Do not twist or ring.
- Remove the wool from cover in order to sort and break apart any larger clumps that may have formed during the wash.
- Place wool outside in directly sunlight to dry.
Once the wool is mostly dry, feel free to return it to your pillow cover and place in the dryer on air dry with dryer balls to complete the drying cycle. This helps to revitalize the wool, making a soft and fluffy wool pillow.
Wool knop is comprised of wool clusters – an excellent alternative to down.
The advantage is if your pillow ever gets lumpy you can unzip it and re-fluff it.